Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Operation Iron Up

I feel so inadequate! I went to give blood today and for the first time EVER...my iron level was too low. I've given blood at least 15 times and this has never happened to me before. Normally, the technician comments about how iron-rich it is. Sure, I've fainted twice..once during, once after but at least I wasn't rejected.

Yesterday, I had a hard-boiled egg for breakfast, a hamburger for lunch and chicken for dinner. I can only conclude that McDonald's hamburgers must not have any actual meat in them.

I'm eating a big tuna sandwich on iron-fortified whole-wheat bread tonight and trying again tomorrow.

Don't they know I'm an Iron Girl!?!?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try a multivitamin or Feosil (i.e. iron pills)- Lisa

Anonymous said...

I took a Flintstone Vitamin. Does that count?