Monday, September 15, 2008

Coach "Sweat Ball" Nancy

I survived my coaching debut!

I signed up to coach Kristen's U4/U5 soccer team this fall. We had a rainout the first week so there was even more pressure to be great this week. I'm no "F" certified coach like Bill but I think I held my own. If a coach can be measured by sweat alone, I rule.

Only one child was crying (because of the heat...not me)
Only one child was too afraid to join in

"Shoot the Aliens" was the stand-out winner of the drills/games I picked(stole) from other coaches.

My nametag plan was a total flop. Who knew the adhesive wouldn't work on polyester? There were nametags strewn about the entire 7A field. I guess I'll have to learn everyone's name the old fashioned way.

I'm still working on my transitions from game to game. There are only so many "water breaks" before it starts to look ridiculous. ha!

No comments: