Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Astro sees The Light...

Ding-dong! Loud barking, kids screaming half-dressed. (They were trying on winter clothes to decide what still fits)

I walk down to see who's at the door. Jehovah's Witnesses. Suddenly Lauren has tripped on something and begins screaming, "MOM!"

I'm in the process of telling the troops of their faith that this is not a good time, when suddenly Astro decides that this is a good time...for an escape. I'm not exactly sure how he nosed open the front screen door but away he went. The two boys at the door saved my vase that began to topple as Astro bolted out the door and offered to help chase him down. "That's ok. He'll come back eventually." They quickly moved on.

The girls and I went outside and immediately spotted Astro doing laps around all the neighbors' homes. A man walking a bug dog (not sure of the breed but looks like a bug on a leash to me) came up the street. I held my breath and started to calmly run down the street toward them yelling back at the girls to stay put. Of course Astro wanted to investigate this odd creature. First he sniffed it, then hopped around it like he does when he finds a grasshopper. Just when he decided he wanted to "play" with it, he saw me with a fistful of treats. I guess the treats looked tastier then the bug dog.

Somebody was saved today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to suggest a secondary gate on the front porch...just a suggestion. You could really enhance the beauty of your house with a nice metal gate and a beware of dog sign. - Lisa