Saturday, November 29, 2008

Race for the Kids



Wow! I can't believe it's been a year since I started this blog. Who knew insomnia could be such a spring board?

So here we come full circle. It was Race for the Kids weekend again.

I did double running duty since Bill is still recovering from last week's soccer injury. Lauren moved up an age group and did the full 1 mile fun run this year. Kristen also moved up an age group and actually participated in the run this year. She ran about 1/3 of a mile and was cheered to the finish line by Alan Webb who then gave her a high five. And...as you may notice in the photos, I did manage to remove the hundred year old lift tickets from my jacket since last year's event.




After the races we stayed for the entire holiday parade. The parade consisted of your various girl and boy scout troops, large inflatables, classic cars, firetrucks, politicians, Santa, and the very disturbing...Urban Gypsies. If you ever find yourself near an "Urban Gypsies" belly-dancing demonstration, RUN far far away! Trust me, you do NOT want to witness this performance.

We made it through the parade but it took me several hours to feel warm again. Luckily, the drinks and subsequent "running man" at my high school 20th year reunion later that night helped thaw me out.

No comments: