Friday, November 7, 2008

Bingeing

The silence on the other end of the phone confirmed my suspicion. Obviously, my behavior has gotten out of control. I knew something wasn't right when I began to resist revealing just how many times a week I've been doing it. I know it seems excessive but the offers were just too tempting. It's only a temporary situation. In a couple of weeks I'll cut back.

I blame it all on triathlon training. I can't bring myself to hop on the stationary bike, go for a swim, or even jog around the block. I simply cannot make myself do it anymore. So...I'm soccer bingeing..Sunday morning coed, Sunday evening women's indoor, Wednesday morning mom's pickup, Friday evening coed. There, I've said it. I'm coming clean.

I know it can't be good for me. I'm getting too old for this. I could break a hip or something. It's only a matter of time before my ankle twists or my back goes out. It would be different if I had some talent, speed, or fitness. It's just not fair to my teammates!

I even bought One A Day - Energy vitamins today at Harris-Teeter.

No comments: