Monday, November 17, 2008

My trip to NYC

This past weekend I enjoyed a Moms weekend away to NYC. I had a great time. Cathie did a FANTASTIC job with the itinerary and many thanks to Marlo for driving.

Some of the highlights include:


Running into Miley Cyrus at Madame Tussauds. What an airhead! I attempted to get her autograph but she just stood there frozen staring straight ahead like a deer in headlights. She didn't even seem to know what to do with a pen. Eventually I convinced her to come sightseeing with us.







Here we are on the Staten Island Ferry with the Statue of Liberty in the background. I thought she should bring a coat but hey... I'm not her mother. She did mention how much she liked my purse.




We headed back into the city and I bumped Bill Clinton. A fist-bump is all you're getting from me, buddy! He wasn't feeling chatty so I moved on.






I got lost a few times trying to get to Rockefeller Center but eventually rejoined the group and we made our way up to "Top of the Rock". We saw the Christmas tree right after it was delivered and thought it looked a bit sad. I'm sure the lights will help but all we saw was scaffolding.

We ate at Anthony Bourdain's home-base restaurant, Les Halles. I felt inspired to try something new so I had Confit de canard, pommes salardaise (crispy duck leg confit & truffle mashed potatoes). I think it would have been great if it turned out that I liked duck and truffles. I'm not sure which taste to associate with the duck and which taste was the truffles. Either way, pretty darn adventurous for me.

2 comments:

Cathie said...

I think you should have insisted that Miley wear her coat!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm not that good at PhotoShop. ha!