Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Just say 'No'!

If I caught my kids doing this I would freak out and ground them for a year.

It started innocently enough, a casual bike ride around the block. We decided to goof off in the cul de sac a few blocks away and soon teamed up with some other kids doing the same thing. I was "on foot" because my youngest has not mastered the art of getting up the big hill or consistently braking on the way down. As I stood there supervising my kids and all the other kids who suddenly appeared as we entered the cul de sac, the gnats descending on me without mercy. Apparently my constant shooing attracted attention from a local. He came out and offered me his home remedy for gnat repulsion...a medium sized, round, grayish pill.

In my defense:
1) the bottle was clearly marked (although open).
2) I had met the man once before at a home owner's association meeting so he wasn't a complete stranger.
3) the gnats did seem to vacate the area when he approached me
4) the other kids knew him by name and seemed to enjoy his company (without supplements)
5) Brewer's yeast sounded harmless

So I popped the dietary supplement (brewer's yeast) and no harm came of it.
Unfortunately, the gnats were undeterred.

OK, Ok, it's been a boring week and I have nothing more interesting to share.

P.S. 85% closer to my silver award (38419 out of 45000 points). See The President's Challenge
AND...

No comments: