Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Adventures in Grocery Shopping

We were snaking our way through the aisles of the grocery store. A tall, relatively thin man with a hoodie covering his head and earphones in his ears passed by our aisle. Bill immediately recognized him as Jason Campbell. I noticed our paths crossing several more times as we continued to do our shopping. At one point, Bill was taking Lauren to the restroom and I found myself shoulder to shoulder with Jason in the shredded cheese section. Instantly, Kristen needed to use the restroom and we proceeded to have a scintilating conversation discussing the severity of her bathroom emergency. Could it wait until Daddy came back with Lauren? Did we need to drop everything and run? I'm sure Jason was fascinated.

Bill and I exchanged kids and Jason must have made his shredded cheese selection because he was no longer sharing the space with me.

I arrived at the checkout line and discovered that he had just gone through the same line. The clerk mentioned to the bagging guy that he had just met Jason Campbell. The bagging guy was unimpressed because he had recently rented a Rug Doctor to Jason which was apparently a bigger honor. As I finished up my grocery transaction, I asked the clerk if I was using the same pen as Jason had used.

I was.

No comments: