Monday, August 25, 2008

Adventures of the IronGirl...


On Sunday at appoximately 9:50am, I was awarded the new title of IronGirl. I felt much more like "JelloGirl About to Pass Out and Vomit" but that's too long to fit on the T-shirt.

I swam 0.62 miles in a lake then biked a very hilly 17.5 miles and then ran 3.4 miles. In the spirit of the Olympics, I decided to leave room for future personal bests(P.B.). Ok, so Usain Bolt was leaving room for future World Records, but you get the picture. I finished in 2 hours and 48 minutes (a "good" time would be closer to 2 hours).


My fans "eagerly" awaited my arrival at the finish line. You can really see the joy in Kristen's face.

But, the award for "Most excited about my participation in the IronGirl" goes to....the individual who broke into my car and stole all my cash, my bank card and PIN number, and credit cards while I was dropping off my bike at the Pre-Race Mandatory Racking the previous evening.

Stay tuned to find out if the cops have a picture of this award winner withdrawing money with my ATM card...

No comments: